Saturday, October 14, 2006

Bless You Boys!


I am happy to say that I went to see the Tigers play a game this year. This was from a make-up game that I went to against the Yankees during the regular season.

As I think back about when the Tigers were in the World Series last it was 1984. What a year that was. I was 9 years old and I can remember listening to the Tigers on the radio with my Dad and brother or watching them on TV. I can remember Dad telling us stories about when the Tigers had won it in 1968. That whole year is one the most spectacular memories of my childhood. It is one of those magical times of my boyhood.

Another thing that I want to talk about is my hat. I have proudly been wearing one of the most cherished gifts that I have ever received - a Detroit Tigers hat. I love it because my brother Adam wore it for 3 years and then passed it on to me. He wore it so much that it actually stretched and now it can fit my large skull.

I'm hoping that the Tigers can go all the way. I just wanted to share some thoughts with you all.

2 comments:

Marc said...

WORLD. SERIES. BABY!

Jag, consider this a long-distance internet-based male bonding sports fan hug. If the mets win the NLCS, maybe you can score some tickets...

bear said...

GO TIGERS!!! East to West the Tigers have to be the best!!! I love the fact that you wore the hat in NY and our little comments to the NY fans...HAAA HAAA SUCKAHHSS!!!