Saturday, February 24, 2007

Frazzled Parents

Wow some days with a baby are crazy days. Last Friday was one. It started out with Jag leaving for work without his wallet. Abe and I brought it to him and saw all the ladies at work. Then we went on the the grocery store. Abe got a nap on the go but it must not have been enough because he was fussing and loud! To the point that I was sure I had a strong-willed child. When I told Aaron this he said "you would know" (meaning I was a strong willed child). I will leave that up to my parents. Next we had bible study at a friends house which was right during Abe's last feeding. We decided to feed him early and go to the study 15 minutes late. I e-mailed them and let them know. I remembered to change my shirt before we went because I have a chronic drool mark on my shoulder. Once we got there we sat on opposite ends of the room because we each saw different open chairs. The only problem was one of us had Abe, the other the diaper bag so when Abe started fussing we had to get up. As soon as I sat down I realized I forgot to look at my hair. It was in a frizzy ponytail. Later when I asked Jag why he didn't say anything about it he said he is used to it looking like that. The group teased us about being late and at that point I realized it started at 7 not 7:30 so we were 45 min late not 15! Jag walked Abe around the room to keep him quiet the whole time. One of our friends asked how we were doing because we looked really tired. Afterwards I was eating pretzels and Abe hit my plate twice sending the pretzels everywhere. Both times happened within 2 minutes and the host kept picking them up after me. Abe ended up fussing again so we left early. The night ended well though with Abe sleeping soundly and us watching Nacho Libre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh guys, welcome to my life! Everyday is like that. Sometimes I wonder if my life will ever be normal and stress free again! Then I have those rare home alone for a few hours moments and I don't know what to do with myself and I get lonely. I often wonder at those times, AM I NUTS?!!

Anonymous said...

HI Jenn and Jag,
Are you ready for the 2nd one yet? Now you may beginning to understand why my kids are all 4 years apart! Enjoy, he'll be 8 before you know it and you'll be carting kids around in your minivan.