Saturday, September 01, 2007

Handycraft

Recently I opened a whole new world for myself: handicrafts. I have never been crafty and don't intend to become that way but I got a "make your own Finger Puppet kit" from my friend Ashley Wollersheim. After seeing Abe enjoy them so much at Pake & Beppe Jagers house, I decided we needed some here. It was quite the undertaking. I could only make one a day, they are very labor intensive. In the first picture I am making the lion and Abe is reading Shakespeare Sonnets in the background and taking all the books off the shelf. The second picture is me reading the directions again and Abe reading more Shakespeare (he loves that book). And finally my masterpiece, the finger puppets. I told Alyssa she could have one so pick one out and I will send it to you. The rest of you can order them from me for $50 per puppet. Its handmade and that is why its so pricey. And I don't really want to make more.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jwow said...

Jenn,
Give yourself some credit...the puppet turned out great. I think I might order a dozen!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenn, This is great. Crafty is the word that usually deters but creative, inovative, feeling of time well spent, artistic, giving of yourself are better words to use for making use of your hands and mind. I love them. And I know what pleasure and freedom "making something" brings. Keep going girl! Love Mom P.S. I kept a lion that the kids took to church around for years. I don't know where it went. Maybe Aaron remembers it. One of my friends made it for them.